A very great reward has been reported in Hadith for this solat and it fetches limitless reward. The Prophet s.a.w taught this solat to his uncle, Hazrat Abbas r.a. He observed: "By offering this solat, your former and latter, old and new, small and great, in brief, all of your sins will be forgiven."
He further observed: "If it is not possible, offer this solat once a week, once a month, once a year, offer this solat once during your whole life."
What makes Solat Tasbeeh distinctive compared to other sunat solat is the tasbih, tahmid and takbeer
- Subhanallah Walhamdulillah wa La ilaha Illallah wa Allahu Akbar wa La hawla wala quwwata illa billahil aliyil adzim- that will be recited exactly 300x in total in 4 rakaats (75x in each rakaat).
Method of performing Solat Tasbeeh
1) Make intention (niyyat) to perform the 4-rakaats of Solat Tasbeeh. (Nawaitu sunnat tasbeeh... )
2) After reciting Al-Fatihah and any desired surah, recite Subhanallah Walhamdulillah wa La ilaha Illallah wa Allahu Akbar wa La hawla wala quwwata illa billahil aliyil adzim (Tasbeeh)15x before going for Ruku'.
3) Perform Ruku' and in Ruku' after you recite Subhana Rabbi al Adzimi wa bihamdih, recite Tasbeeh 10x
4) Stand from Ruku', saying Sami Allahu li man Hamidah rabbana lakal hamdh, then recite Tasbeeh 10x
5) Go for sujud (prostration) and recite Subhana Rabbi al a'La wa bihamdih, recite Tasbeeh10x
6) In between sujud, after reciting Rabbighfirli warhamni wajburni walfaqni walzuqni wahdini wa'afini waffu anni, recite Tasbeeh 10x
7) Sujud (prostration) AGAIN and after reciting Subhana Rabbi al a'La wa bihamdih, recite Tasbeeh 10x
8) Rise from the second sujud and in a sitting position, recite again Tasbeeh 10x
9) Then, stand up for 2nd rakaat and recite tasbeeh as how you did for the 1st rakaat. In the 2nd rakaat when you sit for Qa'dah 'Ula (or Tahiyat Awal), recite Tasbeeh 10x firstfollowed by at-Tahiyat.
10) Repeat this for 3rd and 4th rakaat.
11) At the end of the 4th rakaat, after reciting Tahiyat Akhir (at-Tahiyyat) - At tahiyatul mubarakatussalawatut tayyiba...you have now completed the Solat Tasbeeh.
Note: In all these 4 rakaat, you can recite any surah as there's no surah fixed for it. Du'a to be recited after Solat Tasbeeh (as attached) often practiced in Mazhab Shafie after performing Solat Tasbeeh.