This surah is a WARNING to people who spend much of their time trying to make more money, collect more material possessions, or increase the number of children they have for the sake of being richer or more important. This materialistic attitude is very common today, but is discouraged in Islam.
The Prophet saw lived a very simple life and encouraged his followers to do the same. We will all be questioned on the Last Day about everything which Allah has given us and what we have done with it (our wealth as well as our health, food, talents and abilities, etc).
Surah Makki (with 8 verses)
Surah at-Takathur (102: Competition in Increasing Wealth)
In the name of Allah, the Kindest and Most Merciful One..
1. Competing with each other in increasing your wealth distracts you
2. until you come to the graves.
3. No, but you will soon find out!
4. No! Surely you will come to know!
5. No, if you only knew now with sure knowledge
6.that you will the Hell-fire (then you would change your ways).
7. Yes, you will surely see it with clear vision
8. Then, on that day you will be asked about life's pleasures.
ii)http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ , go to Surah at-Takathur
iii) The Meanings of the Noble Quran with explanatory notes by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani (Maktaba Ma'ariful Quran - Quranic Studies Publishers, Karachi, Pakistan)
Video recitation by Mishary Rashid al-Afasy at --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVmLEooOkS8