This is one of the early Makkan surahs which describes in a very simple way the terror of the Day of Judgement. People will be scattered and confused just like moths flying from place to place without a clear direction, and the mountains which we think of as being so stable will be no more solid than loose bits of wool, or cotton balls. Then some time later, everyone's deeds will be weighed on a special scale in Allah's 'court of justice'. Those whose good deeds are heavier than their bad deeds will be rewarded with Jannah, and those whose bad deeds weight heavier on the scale will be punished in Hell.
Other surahs that mention and describe on the Day of Judgement include Surah Nuh(71), Surah at-Takwir(81), Surah Al-Infitar(82) and Surah al-Inshiqaq(84).
Surah Makki (11 verses)
Surah al-Qariah (101: The Terrible Disaster/ The Striking Event)
In the name of Allah, the Kindest and Most Merciful One..
1. The terrible disaster!
2. What is the terrible disaster?
3. What will make you understand what the terrible disaster is?
4. The day that the people will be like thickly-scattered moths,
5. and the mountains will be like loose bits of wool.
6. Then, the one whose (good deeds are )heavy (on the scale)
7. will live in pleasant life,
8. but as for the one (whose good deeds are )light-
9. the bottomless pit will be his mother.
10. And what will make you know what it is?
11. A blazing fire!
ii)http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ , go to Surah al-Qariah
iv) The Meanings of the Noble Quran with explanatory notes(pg 1193) by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani (Maktaba Ma'ariful Quran - Quranic Studies Publishers, Karachi, Pakistan)