Translate This Page!

Sunday 15 March 2015

The Du'a of Umm Salamah

Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah salallahu alaihi wassalam saying,
"When a person suffers from a calamity and utters: `Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji`un. Allahumma ujurni fi musibatiwakhluf li khairan minha (We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return. O Allah! Compensate me in my affliction, recompense my loss and give me something better in exchange for it), then Allah surely compensates him with reward and better substitute.''

Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) said: When Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him) died, I repeated the same supplication as the Messenger of Allah salallahu alaihy wassalam had commanded me (to do). So Allah bestowed upon me a better substitute than him (I was married to Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah salallahu alaihy wassalam).[Muslim].

➨ ➨ The better substitute which fell to Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) as her lot, was her marriage with the Prophet salallahu alaihi wassalam after the death of her husband Abu Salamah (May Allah be pleased with him). She got the reward in her earthly life. If somebody remains deprived of it in the world, he is sure to have it in the life to come. However, this depends on the Will of Allah, for being the Creator, He has the best knowledge of what is appropriate and good for us !!

Thanks to Masnoon Islamic Duas 

No comments: